Doug joined J Taylor in 2019 and has over 5 years in public accounting with an emphasis in federal and state tax engagements for individuals, corporations, partnerships, LLCs and fiduciaries. His expertise includes tax compliance and planning for closely-held business covering a broad range of industries including real estate, healthcare, manufacturing, high net worth individuals, and non-profit.
He received his Bachelor’s in Accounting and Master of Taxation from the University of Texas at Arlington. Doug concurrently began his career working for a small firm in Southlake and then transitioned to the Fort Worth office of Weaver, LLP. He brings a passion for finding solutions to complex tax issues, and providing high quality service for his clients, with his diverse and comprehensive knowledge.
Doug's areas of practice include:
- Tax planning and compliance
- Tax research and consulting
- Compilations and accounting services
- IRS audit & inquiry representation
- Startup business support services
- Due diligence and financial projections
- State and Local taxation
Doug's involvement in civic and professional associations past and present include:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants, Fort Worth Chapter