Herd joined JTaylor in 2007 and has almost 20 years of experience serving a variety of clients in the healthcare, non-profit and investor owned sectors. His fields of expertise include managed care contract negotiation support/analysis, and assisting in capital planning and expansion projects. Herd also draws upon his healthcare and finance background to provide business enterprise and compensation valuation services. Herd’s list of clients includes large multi-hospital health systems, physician-owned hospitals, entrepreneurs and attorneys.
After graduating from Texas Christian University with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance, Herd went on to earn his Master of Business Administration at Southern Methodist University. He has worked for Texas Health Resources and the Baylor Healthcare System, where he gained experience in managed care contract analysis, charge master standardization, and hospital front-end collections processes. Prior to joining JTaylor, Herd worked at Triad Hospitals Inc. where he performed due diligence reviews, pro forma development, and valuation support for hospital and physician practice acquisitions.
Herd has been a contributing author to Healthcare Financial Management magazine and the Fort Worth Business Press. Herd is also a member of the National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts, and is a Certified Valuation Analyst. Herd’s areas of practice include:
- Transaction support, including business enterprise valuation and fair market value assessments
- Due diligence, including financial and market projections
- Strategic planning, including market studies and financial projections
- Real estate and major capital expenditure planning
- Operational efficiency and profitability studies
- Revenue cycle, pricing strategies, and managed care support
- Compensation plan development, monitoring, and commercial reasonability testing
- Claims dispute resolution and litigation support
Outside of the office, Herd is actively involved in the following civic and professional organizations:
- Member, National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts (NACVA)
- Leadership Fort Worth, Leading Edge 2013 Class
- Member, Texas Christian University Alumni Association
- Member, First Presbyterian Church of Fort Worth